9/28/2015

Be Eccentric

(My sister was doing a photo shoot with a family and I went with her. As we got into the car to leave, I saw this lonely flower up against the brick wall and was like, "poetry!" My sister looked at me funny. :P So I got out and shot a picture with my phone. It's not a very good picture, but I like the poetical value behind it.)

~

When every one is doing the same, it gets a little boring. When there's fads and fashions and things that everyone is doing, where's the individuality? I get tired of the same old genres, and the same old Dystopian teen novels. The same old poetry that rhymes like nursery rhymes... The personality is gone from everything. Modern day artist depict the same old things. It's all...the same. Nothing changes.

Until you run into those great poets like e.h. The beauty of individuality lies within his/her work.


And then there's modern painters like those abstract artist such as Jover.


I long for individuality in every piece of art I create. From trying to write a novel that's never been written, to forming poems that will be loved and shared for years and years to come. And I wonder how it is that some people get so popular so fast and it's only for a moment. Painters like Van Gogh will always be remembered.  Poets like Poe and Frost will be known for their poetry for centuries to come. 

People leave legacies. They leave things that will be remembered for years and years to come. Will they be remembered as good things, or as scars?
"Humans are obsessed with leaving marks on this world. But far too often, the marks people leave are scars." ~John Green.

I want to be different in a good way. I want to be remembered as something positive. To be known as a great artist and love of God. I want to be that abstract author with the eccentric ideas. I want to be eclectic; to get away from the cliches. 

But that only happens when you get out of your comfort zone.
Do something you've never done before. Do something strange and spontaneous. Write something that's different from the rest. Draw or paint something that no one has ever thought of before. Maybe get out of your introverted shell and just...do something new. 

Be eccentric. 
Be eclectic.
Be different.

God created you unique for a reason. Let yourself shine "out of the box". <3


No comments:

Post a Comment